Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fitting In

I got a question this week about dealing with fitting in and I realized it was a really good topic that I haven't fully covered. Fitting in is something everyone deals with. With BPI, it can be a lot more difficult. It's hard for us to be cheerleaders, athletes, dancers, students, let alone just look normal walking around and that makes fitting in a daunting task. But I think what's important to remember is that those that try the hardest to fit in create the worse situations for themselves. Sure, it's pretty hard to live in this world when you don't fit in but it's even harder when a fake version of yourself fits in. As I've said before, your injury doesn't define you so don't let it. Nobody's normal. You are as abnormal as the kid who sits next to you in science or the head cheerleader or the president of your class. Nobody really fits in. So stop trying! I know I tried for a very long time to fit in with a group of people that was very different from me. I can tell you that it isn't any fun. But when I realized that, I spent some time on my own and as cheesy as it is, it really helped me figure out what kind of person I am. Then I was able to meet new people who I did fit with. I'm not saying what I did was easy because it was far from it, but in the end I'm so much happier with myself. So don't try to fit in. Be yourself (and it's totally okay if you don't know who that it is yet, just do what makes you happy) and you will find the right people. You will find the ones that make you smile all day long, the ones who don't care about your arm, the ones who support you. No one fits in with everyone so please please please don't try. It's absolutely no fun. Besides, no one can deal with that many people. If it's a good one, one friend can be plenty and there is nothing wrong with that.


I love hearing from you guys, please shoot me a message if you have any questions, suggestions, or just want to talk :) Have a good week everyone!

No comments :