Sunday, June 7, 2015

Someone who Always Remembers

It is impossible and ridiculous to expect everyone to always remember my shoulder injury. People I've known forever still hit it, pull it, grab it, and even look at it funny. It's to be expected. There are countless people who go in and out of our lives, and I understand and respect that the big "WARNING" sign on my shoulder isn't permanently visible for many people besides myself. I can't expect it to be a priority for anyone.

Still, there's something very endearing about a person who does seem to always remember. Someone who will wrestle me but avoid attacking my left arm. Someone who will offer massages and remind me to pull my shoulders back and sit up straight. Someone who will ask me questions about it, who will always offer to help but also always let me try on my own, and who won't laugh when I struggle. These are the people who I hope to never let go, and I'm lucky enough to have several of them in my life. So here's to them. Thank you.

No comments :