Sunday, December 29, 2013

A New Year

2013 is almost over, making these few days a time to reflect on the past year and move on and look forward to the next one. Everyone always looks back and says it's been a crazy year. Which is true. Every year is and has been and will be in its own crazy way. But I think, though it can be hard, the end of the year is a time to look forward rather than look back because looking back often holds us back too. This year is ending and that's that. It has been what it will always be and what we must focus on is the year to come and how we can make it better than this last one.

I haven't really thought about this next year much besides the stress of the end of this semester and then AP tests and then the end of the school year and the hopefully blast of a summer that will follow. But what I think people so often forget to think about for the next coming year are the little things. We resolve to eat better and exercise more and work harder and be a better person but these are all big concepts that are built up by the little ones. What will we eat? How will we motivate ourselves to get out and exercise? What type of exercise? What aspects of our work or school work will we try to improve upon and how will we do it? And finally how do we plan to be better people? We can always be better and there are often too many aspects to improve upon so which small actions will we take to better ourselves and our surroundings as a result? We have to find these answers so we can build up to our big resolutions. We can't start this new year with these big ideas in our heads and expect everything to work out. This is why so many New Year's Resolutions fail to become a reality. The details are always what matter in the end.

I hope all of you find successful New Year's Resolutions and plans to make them true. One of my resolutions counts on all of you who read this blog. When I started, I hoped to reach out to many people and hear back from them in return. I'm resolving to work harder to reach out to all of you but I can't really do that without your help. Please feel free to comment on anything on this blog or message me privately on the right. I'm open to any suggestions or questions and I truly hope that I can help even just one person. That's my resolution so I hope you can all help me make it a reality. I would love to hear from every one of you. It's a new year with new opportunities and I hope it's a great one for you all. 

No comments :