Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pictures

Always awkward right? Prom reminded me of how frustrating my left arm is when getting pictures taken. Left hand on hip...awkward. Left arm around a date...awkward. And worst of all, being in the middle of a group photo so I have to do each arm around someone...SO AWKWARD. It's hard to get my arm to even do those things and then to also have to make it photogenic is a disaster. My prom photos will attest to the difficulty and awkwardness that a brachial plexus injury brings to fancy poses.

Honestly though, I can complain but in actuality, it's not really all that noticeable. Of course I notice because I'm looking for it and of course it felt extremely uncomfortable in the moment but to the general public viewing these pictures, I look (mostly) normal. So remember, for future (or past) dances or weddings or whichever special occasion it may be, that initial awkward moment of pulling your hand onto your hip or making him switch his arm to be below yours will most definitely be forgotten if it's even noticed in the first place and even better, those pictures will fail to capture that embarrassment. So DON'T WORRY. I know my BPI is not the worst of the worst but I truly think that on these special occasions, people aren't looking at an awkward shoulder no matter how awkward. They're admiring your beautiful dress (or suit) and hair and shoes and even your date...You'll stand out because of all that, not the awkward shoulder :)

No comments :