Sunday, May 25, 2014

Taking a Step Back

2 nights ago, a 22-year-old man went on a shooting rampage on the campus of my own brother's college, UCSB. I was obviously relieved to hear that my brother wasn't affected but knowing that he heard gunshots and was across the street from a man seeking revenge on sorority girls is more than a little scary. If you've heard all the news about the man and his plan, I'm sure you share my concern. Of course there was surely a lot of different factors that will once again spark controversy, as every other shooting has. I don't want to get into all that. I just want to express how grateful I am that my brother and everyone he knows is doing well and how sad I am for the lives lost and their families. I guess at a time like this I just want to take a break from talking about what we all don't have and I'm just hoping that this post has found you all in good shape and thankful for all that you do have. 

No comments :