Sunday, September 7, 2014

Common App Essay Prompt #1

Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.




So would my college application be incomplete without it? Is it that central to my identity? Should it be?

These are rhetorical questions. Or, more accurately, questions I'm asking myself. Maybe college applications are so extensive because they're about making you figure out who you are, not just the college. I'm not going to write up my college essay on here (sorry), in fact I'm finding it very difficult to write something I'm not putting in my essay. But I hope you're all looking forward to this day when being able to share your story will make college application essays a little less of a chore. Even if you find it strange to learn about yourself while writing an essay to teach other people about yourself... That's how this blog feels a lot of the time. So thanks for helping me learn about myself, everybody. 

No comments :