Sunday, December 7, 2014

A New Team

Oh the joy of a new group of people bound to ask why I avoid taking throw ins, can't do push ups, and don't swing my arm when I run. High school soccer season is here and since 11 of our team graduated last year, this year's team is very new and young. Meaning they don't know me. Or my injury.

"Why are you only lifting one weight? Why do you run like that? Why aren't you planking with us?" 

The inevitable questions that I have answered innumerable times. Yet somehow, they still come. And I still answer. And people still laugh or don't respond or come up with 47 more questions. Sometimes I think I've been well trained for when I'm a mother in several years and my kids go through their curious stages. I've spent a large portion of my life answering the same questions over and over and I just have to make sure it increases rather than decreases my patience. 

No comments :