Sunday, December 14, 2014

Acupuncture

Oddly enough, the needles weren't the worst part. I've never been one of those people who gets nauseous at the sight of a needle or anything near that so that part I got over (not to mention they're so small I don't even know if they qualify as needles). I felt a little prick on only a couple and even the electric current she hooked up to some of them felt strange but nothing ever hurt. 

What got me was the staying still. I've always been the person who cannot stay in one position for a long time. I'm that kid in class who's always shifting in her seat and I wake up with my covers off the bed because I move around so much. So when there was a bunch of needles in me and the lady left the room to leave them in for "a few minutes," I struggled. One obviously cannot shift position when there are needles everywhere. And it didn't help that her idea of "a few minutes" was many more than the general idea of "a few." But somehow I ignored the itch on my shoulder and my nagging urge just to move a little and I got through it.

Now for anyone considering acupuncture, do it. There's really nothing to be afraid of. Everyone will think you're super cool when they find out you spent your afternoon with needles all over you and it just might help loosen up your muscles. It's hard to tell after one session, but I do think it helped my shoulder and I think a couple more will only make it even better. You have nothing to lose!

No comments :