Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hair

As a girl with a brachial plexus injury, this is a big issue. I never used to be able to do my own hair. My arm couldn't get up there and even if it could, my hand probably wouldn't have the strength or control necessary. Even without BPI, doing hair is not an easy task. After several years, a surgery and OT, I can do my hair on my own. Well mostly. My ponytails are always slightly to one side and not exactly smooth. Braiding in the back is a near impossible task and don't even get me started on French braiding. My arm gets tired doing all of it. I've taken to simple hairdos. My hair goes up for soccer and stays down for pretty much everything else and that's fine with me! Less to worry about, right? And I'm not afraid to ask my mom or a friend for help if I do want to do something special with my hair. But usually I feel nothing is wrong with just letting it be. I can even blame it on laziness if I want :)

1 comment :

  1. People are always talking about "round brush" this and "blow dry" that. It is so hard! If I want to curl or straighten my hair, I put my foot up on the counter and rest my elbow on my knee, then bend down a little so I can reach better. By the time I'm done (sometimes it takes an hour), I'm exhausted! Therefore, it happens like twice a year. Tops knots all the way :)

    ReplyDelete