Monday, January 19, 2015

One Positive

In my college application to UC Berkeley, I wrote a little about my shoulder and its impact on my life. After receiving my application, they sent me an additional questionnaire to fill out in order to give them more insight into the extent of its effects. The second question was about the impact that my physical disability has had on my academic performance and I realized it hasn't been detrimental in that area of my life at all. I may have a torn nerve but I am lucky to be able to say that my brain can think just fine. There is always so much to be thankful for and it's sad how easy it is to forget that. I am incredibly happy to have academics as a part of my life in which I can perform and be treated normally :)

1 comment :

  1. If anything, I think my injury made me better in academics because my only limitation there was how hard I was willing to work!

    ReplyDelete